Finally Family Homes is looking for a part-time (30 Hours/Week) Host Homes Manager / Coordinator.
The Host Home Program Manager will co-design, implement, lead, and help evaluate the Program.
The Host Home Program identifies, screens, and trains community members who volunteer to host for youth aged 18-24 who are in need of immediate housing, for which hosts receive a stipend and ongoing support from the Host Home Program Manager.
The Host Home Program Manager will collaborate with local partners and appropriately connect young people in need of housing with hosts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Program Development: Update and optimize program policies and procedures based on Host Home Program best practices. Areas to develop include:
– Recruitment, screening, ongoing support, and retention of hosts
– Communication practices between partner organizations to ensure needs and
concerns of youth and hosts are being addressed in a regular and systematic way
Program Implementation: Plan and execute activities to implement the Host Home Program. This includes:
– Making sure program implementation meets internal requirements and well as expectations tied to funding sources
– Activities to recruit, screen, support, and retain hosts
– Ongoing case management of hosts
– Regular communication and collaborative meetings with youth case management partner
Engage youth case manager in Host Home Program consultation and feedback: meet with youth case manager in development of Host Home Program policies and procedures as well as working through any issues that arise between host and youth.
Participate in Host Home Program Evaluation
– Maintain data as it relates to government funding, grants, and internal program
benchmarks and goals
Cultivate a culture of learning for Host Home Program:
Plan and attend regular, ongoing training related to topics connected to Host Home programming including supporting youth experiencing housing instability, positive youth development, trauma-informed care, and host home best practices.
• BA with 5+ years experience in field of social services, housing, community
organizing, or other relevant work; candidates with relevant experience in place of a BA encouraged to apply
• Demonstrated experience with working with disadvantaged youth
• Project management and/or program development experience
• Experience working in a collaborative setting
• Experience recruiting, training, and supporting staff, volunteers, teams, community coalitions, and/or another group working toward a common goal
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, creativity, and a commitment to and passion for the organization’s mission
Interested in Applying?
Please send your resume to email@example.com